1/08/2013

Treasury of Inspirational Stories for Children

We loved this book!  James Herriot's stories are exceptional.  Stella, like all little girls, loves animal stories.  And I have loved James Herriot since high school.  So when my Aunt Sue gave the kids James Herriot's Treasury for Children for Christmas I knew we were all in for a treat.  I hadn't realized that he had written for children.  And maybe they aren't written for children, but they are certainly appropriate for them.  He writes in a way that makes the country and the people and the animals come to life and the illustrations by Ruth Brown and Peter Barrett add to it.  This is a delightful book and we all enjoyed.  Even Bruce wouldn't wander too far, and for some stories he even sat with us.  Out of eight stories we enjoyed, well, eight.  Super sweet, and fun.  I would highly recommend this to anyone! 



 Have you ever read any of James Herriot's books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment