7/24/2012

One Thousand Gifts



One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp was an excellent book.  I really enjoyed it.  This is my third post on this book (read the first ones here, and here), mostly because half way through I had so much swirling around in my head I had to write it all down!  It was that good!

It was thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, mind-stretching, and practical.  I loved that.  Ann Voskamp has a very different style of writing than what I am used to.  She is eloquent.  And verbose.  It took me a little to get used to it, but once I did, I decided I liked it.  She can paint a picture with words.

I have started my own list of gifts, although I am very bad at adding them to my list, I have started to see them as gifts and I am trying to be more mindful of not just seeing the gift as a gift, but of thanking the Giver of the gifts.   Which is the point.  I had WAY more to say before so you should definitely check that one out!

What gifts have you recognized and thanked God for lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment